Working with a Qlik Sense data source
When working with a Qlik Sense data connection in ConnectReport, content in the data sidebar is organized as follows:
- Model tables: Model tables lists all of the fields and tables in the data model for a particular Qlik Sense app. You can drag an entire model table or specific fields from a given model table into the editor stage.
- Dimensions: Dimensions lists all of the master dimensions for a particular Qlik Sense app
- Measures: Dimensions lists all of the master measures for a particular Qlik Sense app
Visualizations: Visualizations lists all of the visualizations for a given Qlik Sense app, organized by sheets.
- Each sheet can be dragged into the editor stage, which adds an entire sheet into a given template page.
- Each sheet can also be expanded, by clicking the down arrow button.
- Within each sheet, the visualizations used in the sheet are listed. Each visualization can be dragged into the editor stage.
- Within Most visualizations listed, you can click the small + button to display the underlying table of the visualization. This table can be dragged into the editor stage to insert a table based on the visualization. In addition, the table can also be expanded, and you can drag specific fields from the table into the editor stage.
Components: Components lists a few different ConnectReport template components that rely on connections to a data source. You can drag in any of these to the template editor:
- Dynamic text: Dynamic text allows you to type in Qlik Sense expressions that are evaluated when the template is previewed / run in a report.
- Pivot table: Pivot table allows you to create custom pivot tables using data from the Qlik Sense app